Film Courage: What is the AT&T Real Stories Project about?
Zooppa: The AT&T Real Stories Project is about highlighting the stories of small business owners and helping the community learn powerful insights about entrepreneurship. Real Stories videos are part biography, part success story showing how technology plays a key role in day to day operations. Filmmakers are invited to feature their local business in one or more submissions.
Film Courage: How is Zooppa involved?
Zooppa: Zooppa is the global social network for creative talent, committed to the vision of real people and innovative brands working together. Our platform has partnered up with AT&T to invite creative community members to participate and grow their portfolio, give back to their local community by showcasing a business from their city or town, and earn cash.
” A compelling video submission will showcase passionate owners with an authentic story. Emphasize the grit and heart they have for their business and tell the viewers how innovative technology has elevated their business to the next level.” Zooppa
Film Courage: How can someone submit?
Film Courage: Is this project only open to filmmakers or videographers?
Zooppa: Yes—it is a documentary style video project. We strongly encourage any small business to find a local filmmaker to submit a video on their behalf.
Film Courage: What type of video is AT&T looking for?
Zooppa: AT&T is looking for documentary style videos that capture authentic stories from business owners who are passionate about what they do. Videos should show how technology has helped them grow and succeed.
Film Courage: How long or short should this video be?
Zooppa: Videos should be 2:00–2:15 max. in length. In addition, a 15 second promo teaser for AT&T is required.
Film Courage: What type of cameras can be used (iPhone, DSLR, GoPro, etc.?)
Zooppa: Any camera can be used, as long as the video is captured in 1080p.
Film Courage: What helps make the video compelling and spotlight the small business?
Zooppa: A compelling video submission will showcase passionate owners with an authentic story. Emphasize the grit and heart they have for their business and tell the viewers how innovative technology has elevated their business to the next level.
Film Courage: How does this project allow entrepreneurs to share their knowledge with fellow small businesses?
Zooppa: This project gives business owners insights directly from entrepreneurs on what it’s like to start, build, and scale a business.
Film Courage: Is there a deadline to submit the project?
Zooppa: The deadline to submit to this project is October 12th, 4:00PM PST.
Film Courage: Does the video have to be fully edited?
Zooppa: All videos should be final once submitted. Videos should be :
– 1080p 20mbps minimum quality / 30 mbps maximum quality
– YouTube-ready H.264 video codec in MP4 container (.MP4 file format, not MOV)
– 16:9 aspect ratio, no letterbox or alternate aspect ratios
– High-quality audio (minimum 128kbps stereo)
Film Courage: Do’s and don’ts filmmakers should know about before making or submitting a video?
– Capture all your video footage in 1080p minimum (720p videos will be rejected)
– Download the Real Story asset pack and follow the instructions
– Visit Business Circle and study the past Real Stories
– Ensure you have the business’s permission before filming and that you upload the Business Agreement Form along with your submission
– Ensure you are asking the business technology-specific questions
– Encourage the business owner to wear clothing with no logos (otherwise you will have to edit them out)
– Get permissions from the artist if any wall art (posters/photography/paintings) appears in your video, otherwise it must be blurred. Videos with excessive blurring will not be considered for awards.
– Follow project rules
– Interview one business per video you submit.
– Show or discuss any other wireless carrier brands
– Discuss specific manufacturers or brands (HTC®, Samsung, Apple®, etc.)
– Embed the business’s logo as a graphic in the video; show it in the video itself
Include anyone in the video unless that person has a signed model release form
Film Courage: Any video highlights from 2015 that contestants may want to consider or see before shooting their entry?
Zooppa: Definitely check out the winning videos from last year’s AT&T Real Business Stories project—all of them are great examples to look at.
Film Courage: Will there be only one winner?
Zooppa: No, there will be a 1st – 6th place awards. Both the videographer and business will be awarded cash prizes ranging from $1,500 to $10,000. There will also be a Zooppa Community Award for $2,500.
Zooppa: A total amount of $50,000 will be awarded ranging from $10,000 to $1,500 for the top 6 videos.
Click here to learn more about the AT&T Real Stories Project with Zooppa.
Need a refresher on what Zooppa is? Zooppa is the global social network for creative talent, committed to the vision of real people and innovative brands working together. From its global headquarters in Seattle, Zooppa has expanded rapidly, enabling major brands and their ad agencies to produce great content with creative talent worldwide.
How does it work? Zooppa partners with leading brands and agencies to bring their creative community members opportunities to produce great ads and boost their portfolios. Companies develop a creative brief describing their brand’s attributes, the target audience, and the objectives of the campaign. The creative brief is shared on Zooppa’s site and community members are invited to create content in various formats. For example, producing a viral video, designing an animated sequence, creating a print ad, even writing scripts or concepts for potential ads.
*This is a sponsored post.