Web Site Terms and Conditions of Use
By accessing this web site, you are agreeing to be bound by these web site Terms and Conditions of Use, all applicable laws and regulations, and agree that you are responsible for compliance with any applicable local laws. If you do not agree with any of these terms, you are prohibited from using or accessing this site. The materials contained in this web site are protected by applicable copyright and trade mark law.
2. Use License
- Permission is granted to temporarily download one copy of the materials (information or software) on FilmCourage.com’s web site for personal, non-commercial transitory viewing only. This is the grant of a license, not a transfer of title, and under this license you may not:
- modify or copy the materials;
- use the materials for any commercial purpose, or for any public display (commercial or non-commercial);
- attempt to decompile or reverse engineer any software contained on FilmCourage.com’s web site;
- remove any copyright or other proprietary notations from the materials; or
- transfer the materials to another person or “mirror” the materials on any other server.
- This license shall automatically terminate if you violate any of these restrictions and may be terminated by FilmCourage.com at any time. Upon terminating your viewing of these materials or upon the termination of this license, you must destroy any downloaded materials in your possession whether in electronic or printed format.
- The materials on FilmCourage.com’s web site are provided “as is.” FilmCourage.com makes no warranties, expressed or implied, and hereby disclaims and negates all other warranties, including without limitation, implied warranties or conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement of intellectual property or other violation of rights. Further, FilmCourage.com does not warrant or make any representations concerning the accuracy, likely results, or reliability of the use of the materials on its Internet web site or otherwise relating to such materials or on any sites linked to this site.
In no event shall FilmCourage.com or its suppliers be liable for any damages (including, without limitation, damages for loss of data or profit, or due to business interruption,) arising out of the use or inability to use the materials on FilmCourage.com’s Internet site, even if FilmCourage.com or a FilmCourage.com authorized representative has been notified orally or in writing of the possibility of such damage. Because some jurisdictions do not allow limitations on implied warranties, or limitations of liability for consequential or incidental damages, these limitations may not apply to you.
5. Revisions and Errata
The materials appearing on FilmCourage.com’s web site could include technical, typographical, or photographic errors. FilmCourage.com does not warrant that any of the materials on its web site are accurate, complete, or current. FilmCourage.com may make changes to the materials contained on its web site at any time without notice. FilmCourage.com does not, however, make any commitment to update the materials.
FilmCourage.com has not reviewed all of the sites linked to its Internet web site and is not responsible for the contents of any such linked site. The inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by FilmCourage.com of the site. Use of any such linked web site is at the user’s own risk.
8. Governing Law
Any claim relating to FilmCourage.com’s web site shall be governed by the laws of the State of California without regard to its conflict of law provisions.
General Terms and Conditions applicable to Use of a Web Site.
9. Important Note For Parents
FilmCourage.com is for a general audience and is NOT designed or intended for use by children, especially those under age thirteen (13). We (nor our advertisers and/or affiliates) cannot be responsible for any unsolicited messages received by children who disclose information about themselves in our public discussion areas (including but not limited to social media posts). We encourage all parents to talk to their children, tell them not to do so, strictly monitor their children’s online activity and advise against using any website that is not appropriate for children, especially under the age of 13.
- Before or at the time of collecting personal information, we will identify the purposes for which information is being collected. Film Courage does not collect or store any data on its visitors except for IP addresses and the device used to browse Film Courage (via our hosting platform) as a function of incoming traffic. Film Courage does not collect any additional visitor data, including credit card numbers, email addresses, home addresses, user accounts, or any other personal identifying information, etc.
- We will collect personal information by lawful and fair means and, where appropriate, with the knowledge or consent of the individual concerned.
- Personal data should be relevant to the purposes for which it is to be used, and, to the extent necessary for those purposes, should be accurate, complete, and up-to-date.
- We will protect personal information by reasonable security safeguards against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification.
- We will make readily available to customers information about our policies and practices relating to the management of personal information.
- When you are on FilmCourage.com, you may be directed to other websites (not limited to advertisers, affiliates, videos, movie trailers and other works or intellectual property by artists interviewed/featured on FilmCourage.com) that are operated and controlled by third parties that we do not control. We are not responsible for the privacy practices employed by any of these third parties, the information they may or may or may not collect and the use of this information.
- FilmCourage.com (via our web hosting) knows the following information about our site’s visitors: browser and operating system that you are using, Internet Protocol (IP) address, type of device you’re using to browse the site, the URL that referred you to FilmCourage.com, time and duration on our site, incoming and exiting page on the site and all of the areas within our website that you browsed as a visitor under this IP address. This information does not identify individual visitors. No attempts are made to identify individual users unless illegal behavior is suspected.
- Our third-party service providers and/or advertisers may or may not use a multitude of technologies (including cookies, Flash cookies, web beacons and embedded scripts) that automatically and/or passively collect information when you visit or interact with FilmCourage.com and/or our third-party service providers and/or advertisers. This information may include, without limitation, the browser that you are using, your IP address and geo location, type of device you’re using to browse the site, the URL that referred you to our Websites and all of the areas within our website that you browsed.
- California Users Privacy Rights. Under California Civil Code sections 1798.83-1798.84, California residents are entitled to ask FilmCourage.com for a notice describing what categories of personal customer information FilmCourage.com shares with third parties or corporate affiliates for those third parties or corporate affiliates direct marketing purposes. This notice identifies the categories of information shared and will include a list of the third parties and affiliates with which it was shared, along with their names and addresses. If you are a California resident and would like a copy of this notice, please a request to our contact page here. Please allow a one (1) month processing time.
- Consent to Transfer Information to the United States. FilmCourage.com is operated in the United States of America and is intended for users located within the United States of America. If you are located outside of the United States of America, please note that the information you provide us will be transferred to and processed in the United States of America, where laws regarding processing and/or utilization of identifying information may be less restrictive than the laws in your country or the country in which you are browsing FilmCourage.com. By using any FilmCourage.com, you consent to this transfer, processing, utilization and storage.
We are committed to conducting our business in accordance with these principles in order to ensure that the confidentiality of personal information is protected and maintained.
Film Courage does not act on “do not track” requests from your browser. If you would like to stay anonymous so that we do not know your IP address, we recommend you use a proxy service or anonymity browser to visit Film Courage. Once clicking on a link in any of our articles, podcasts or videos, we cannot guarantee the methods used to identify visitors upon leaving FilmCourage.com.
FilmCourage.com will make every attempt to take down work you claim is legally your official creation (i.e., copyrighted work which you own OR work for whom you are acting as representation) in a timely fashion. We highly-recommend that you send us an email here via our contact page before lodging a formal complaint, as we’re willing to amicably correct the issue in a fair and timely manner.
Copyright and DMCA Policy of FilmCourage.com
This policy explains how FilmCourage.com responds to allegations of the unauthorized use of copyrighted images, text, or links to allegedly infringing materials under the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (“DMCA”).
Section 512 of the DMCA outlines the statutory requirements for reporting copyright infringement.
For further clarification on work that you feel you own as copyrighted, please ask an attorney before sending a copyright notice to FilmCourage.com. FilmCourage.com is not able to provide legal advice.
To submit notice of claimed copyright infringement, please provide FilmCourage.com with the following information:
*A physical or electronic signature (typing your full name is adequate) of the copyright owner or a person appointed to act as representation;
*Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed (e.g., a copy of or link to your original work or clear description of the materials allegedly being infringed upon);
*Identification of the infringing material and information reasonably sufficient for FilmCourage.com to find the material on our website or social media (for example, including a link to the post in question);
*Your (or the person claiming copyright infringement’s) contact information, including a mailing address, country code/area code and telephone number, and email address;
*A statement to your sincere intention that the use of the material in the way in which it was utilized is not authorized by said copyright owner, its agent, assigns or the law; and
*A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and, under penalty of perjury, that you are authorized to act on behalf of and/or a representative of the copyright owner.
Please report alleged copyright infringement by emailing the above information to our contact page here.
Be advised that under 17 U.S.C. § 512(f), you may be liable for any damages, including costs and attorneys’ fees incurred by us, if you knowingly and purposely materially misrepresent any specific material or activity is a copyright infringement. If uncertain whether the material you are reporting is in fact a copyright infringement and/or of your rights, and/or of the rights of the person in which you represent, you should consult an attorney before sending us a copyright infringement notification.
Be advised that submitting duplicate/multiple DMCA notifications may cause a slower processing in our confirmation of duplicate claims versus single claims. FilmCourage.com processes copyright notices in the order in which they are received.
Partake in due diligence before submitting a claim to FilmCourage.com, especially if you aren’t sure whether you are the actual rights holder or authorized to act on a rights holder’s behalf. Legal and financial penalties exist and will be enforced for fraudulent and/or bad-faith claims. Please make sure you are the actual rights holder, or you have a good-faith belief that the material was removed in error, and that you understand the repercussions of submitting a false claim.
Revision – May 24, 2018